We are eager to invite Friends Camp alumni to a reunion August 21st-24th, 2020! This reunion will be especially for campers and staff (and their families) who attended camp roughly between 1980-2004. The vision for this reunion is to offer alums a return to camp: the opportunity to re-experience camp’s magic, a chance to reconnect with the people & places that made camp special, and a time to reflect on how camp has impacted our lives.
The reunion will be hosted by Friends Camp, using camp resources and staff members. There will also be opportunities for alums to volunteer to help the weekend run smoothly by offering programs, cleaning, and more.
Some of the activities offered will be:
- Variety Show
- Campfires & singing
- Arts & Crafts
- Evening Games
- Memorial event for campers who have passed away
- Waterfront: Open swimming and boating times
- Discussion groups
- Programs for young people offered by Friends Camp staff
- Alumni merchant tables: If you make art or something else, you are welcome to bring it along and sell your wares
When registration opens (February 1st!), you will have an option to stay at camp or to stay at a nearby hotel or other rental property. You are “on your own” for lodging if you’d like to stay somewhere other than camp, but here’s a list of suggested locations. A note on housing: Friends Camp has limited, rustic facilities for guests. If you plan to stay at Friends Camp, please plan on a shared living space, a “camp” mattress, and a walk to the bathroom. Tents will be available for families who prefer to camp.
Friends Camp uses a 3-tiered tuition model for camp and for this reunion. You select the tuition level you pay, and your choice is confidential! Children attend the reunion for free! Campership funds are available for those who cannot afford the registration fee. Please do not let money hold you back from joining us at this reunion. Please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org for tuition assistance. The fees for an adult staying at camp are: $125, $175, or $225. The fees for an adult staying at lodging other than camp are $100, $150, or $200 (you pick your tuition level).
Included in registration:
- A reunion t-shirt.
- Meals Friday dinner (8/21) through Monday lunch (8/24), plus plenty of snacks.
- Lodging in shared camp cabins (unless you are staying off camp).
- Transportation to and from the bus station in Augusta, Maine if needed.
- Part-time programming and child-care for children.
A few important notes:
- Friends Camp is an alcohol- and drug-free camp. We ask that you respect rules around substances and camp property. To smoke, please walk to the edge of the property along the road. It is important that we keep camp smoke and substance free.
- This reunion will be held rain or shine; however, certain weather events may make tent camping impossible. If that occurs, we will do our best to accommodate those who planned to stay in tents.
- We want this reunion to be as accessible as possible. If you have an accessibility question, please contact Anna (Camp Director) at email@example.com or (207)-877-4302.